atlanta based lifestyle family, maternity and newborn photographer
alpharetta, roswell, johns creek, cumming | north atlanta, ga
Hi there! I am Katya and I hope you stay a while and explore my work. Chances are you are here because you live in North Atlanta, maybe even right here in Roswell or Alpharetta, or visiting relatives here, and looking for a family photographer. Well, you are in the right place! I am a professional family, maternity, newborn, elopement photographer based out of North Atlanta, in Roswell, Georgia. If you look around you will notice that I am inspired by the beauty and magic of the everyday moments that make up our lives. If you are looking for deeply meaningful portraits that speak to your family’s unique beauty, I am the photographer for you. Let me capture those moments of love and laughter that make up your imperfectly perfect life.
a little about me
I was born and raised in Ukraine, and Russian is my first language. I have a Bachelors of Arts in English language and literature and I studied German and French in college. I moved to Sonoma County (San Francisco Bay Area) when I was 20, and consider it my second home to this day. Over the past thirteen years I have worked in graphic design and marketing and have been self employed for over 10 years now. When my daughter was born in 2014, I started pursuing photography as a way to document those every day fleeting moments of our new family life and in March 2016 I decided to take a plunge and start my own photography business.
I have been married to my husband for 7 years and we have an amazingly sweet and beautiful daughter together. We live in Roswell with our miniature dashchund Bella and love everything about this area. I am a natural birthing, attachment parenting, extended breastfeeding, organic mama. Being a mother is my absolute priority which is why I limit the amount of sessions I take each month.
a little about my style
I specialize in maternity, family and newborn photography around Atlanta, GA. My style is custom photography that mixes lifestyle with warm portraiture. My goal is to deliver unique images that are artistic, natural and dreamy. My style is very natural. I always try to give clients a mix of traditional portraits (i.e. looking at the camera), intimate detail shots of hands or feet, and warm, candid views that capture a special moment in time.
a little about my process
I am a full service photographer, which means I will not only take photos of your family, or life event, I will help you turn them into beautiful works of art to hang on the walls in your home and to treasure for generations to come. Your session can take place in your home (always for newborn) or at one of the many beautiful outdoor locations North Atlanta has to offer. My style of photography results in a collection of images that speak to your family’s unique beauty and connection. A session with me will be fun and easy going and I will never ask you to be who you are not!
- Katya took perhaps my favorite pictures of my family and I. Not only are they skillfully crafted and beautifully edited, but the memories that come with them are priceless. Katya's workflow makes her sessions feel more like play than anything else. The experience from start to finish is absolutely joyous, and I recommend her to anyone wanting to capture something unforgettable. Shannon P.
- Katya did our maternity and newborn shoot, and I can't say enough positive things about her! She is professional, creative, an artist in every sense of the word and a joy to be around. I will cherish every image of my beautiful family courtesy of this superlative photographer. Thank you, Katya! Samantha L.
- We really enjoyed working with Katya! The pictures she captured were breathtaking and the session itself was so quick! Her turnaround for getting us the proofs was more than impressive and we can't wait to work with her again!
- Katya is an incredible photographer who is extremely talented at capturing the most precious moments! We were lucky to do maternity and newborn photo sessions with Katya which were beautiful, creative and organic! She is an extraordinary photographer and a wonderful person! A MUST HAVE! Pavel G.
- So comforting and fun to work with!! We were so lucky to find her to capture out newborn photos. She was flexible too! Kelly H.
- Katya took our newborn pictures, and I could not love them more. She has such great eye for photography and was such a pro when dealing with our little 12 day old son. She also beautifully incorporated grandma to some of the pictures. We had a great phone conversation before the session that allowed me to ask a ton of questions. The actual session was wonderful and so relaxed and she was able to capture such beautiful moments even with this super tired mama. I will cherish these images for years to come and can't wait to work with Katya again soon. Henna R.
Features and Publications
Katya Vilchyk Photography & Design is located in the northern metro area of Atlanta, GA in Roswell, GA. Katya Vilchyk is Atlanta’s premier family photographer specializing in artistic custom family, maternity and newborn photography. As a professional photographer, Katya captures maternity, newborn and family portraits in Roswell, Alpharetta, Milton, Johns Creek, Buckhead, Brookhaven, Atlanta and all surrounding areas.
*profile photo by Melissa Giles Photography